Jacksonville Special Events June 2011 | Arts & Culture
June 3 and 10
A classic movie is shown outdoors under the stars in Jacksonville Beach. Visitors bring picnic blankets and baskets, lawn chairs and pets to really make an evening out of it. Vendors set up to sell food and beverages, as well as there is a kids’ entertainment zone for families. Event is free. Screenings begin at 9 p.m.
Regional and local jazz musicians perform on three Sunday evenings over the summer at Jacksonville Beach’s Sea Walk Pavilion. Bring a picnic blanket or chair end enjoy free, live music by the ocean.
Jacksonville is the first site in the United States to serve as the worldwide anchor city for this annual religious event uniting Christians for worship through praise and prayer. The God Channel will stream the event live and there will be celebrations, meetings and other events surrounding the event hosted at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House