JFRD Rescues Boy, Dog from Mandarin Home | Community Spirit
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A boy is critical after being stuck inside a home that caught fire in Mandarin, according to Jacksonville Fire and Rescue spokesperson Tom Francis.
Fire crews rescued the young man and a dog from the burning home, and Francis said it appears the fire started in the kitchen. The child went to Baptist Hospital downtown to receive treatment in a hyperbaric chamber, Francis said.
The fire broke out in the 10500 block of Indian Walk Road at about 4 p.m., and Francis said that closed Hartley Road for a short period of time.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House