Man accused of stealing $23K worth of cell phones from employer | Crime
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police have arrested a manager of a cell phone store for allegedly stealing forty cell phones valued at more than $23,000, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
One of two owners of the AT&T store at 10131 San Jose Blvd. called the Sheriff's Office and told deputies one of his employees stole forty cell phones from the company over the past four months.
Police arrested Darren Pith, 34, and charged him with employee theft of $20,000-$99,000.
The store owner said the suspect was transferred to manage the store at 13280 Old St. Augustine Rd. prior to them realizing he stole the phones from the other store.
Police say they interviewed Pith who told them he took the cell phones and sold them to a white male called Mike in the parking lot at Baymeadows Road and Old Kings Road. He told police he found Mike on Craig's list. Police say he wrote a statement admitting to taking the phones.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’