Man accused of stealing $23K worth of cell phones from employer | Crime
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police have arrested a manager of a cell phone store for allegedly stealing forty cell phones valued at more than $23,000, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
One of two owners of the AT&T store at 10131 San Jose Blvd. called the Sheriff's Office and told deputies one of his employees stole forty cell phones from the company over the past four months.
Police arrested Darren Pith, 34, and charged him with employee theft of $20,000-$99,000.
The store owner said the suspect was transferred to manage the store at 13280 Old St. Augustine Rd. prior to them realizing he stole the phones from the other store.
Police say they interviewed Pith who told them he took the cell phones and sold them to a white male called Mike in the parking lot at Baymeadows Road and Old Kings Road. He told police he found Mike on Craig's list. Police say he wrote a statement admitting to taking the phones.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House