High Tides at Huguenot Memorial Park May Impact Weekend Access | Environment
Huguenot Memorial Park visitors are advised to call the park office at (905) 251-3335 or visit www.jaxparks.com before visiting the park over the weekend to determine current tidal conditions expected during peak hours.
The National Weather Service predicts high tide at roughly 5:25 p.m. Saturday, June 11 and 6:25 p.m. Sunday, June 12. The late-afternoon tides will result in a 5-and-a-half-foot or higher rise in water levels along the beach, thus minimizing the area of shoreline navigable by vehicle and foot.
Periods of high tide or impacts related to beach and dune erosion may result in temporary park closures two to two-and-a-half hours before hide tide and after the tide begins to recede. Those with campground reservations and picnic pavilion reservations should not be affected and will be granted admission to the park during this time.
Located at 10980 Heckscher Dr., Huguenot Memorial Park is owned by the State of Florida and the U.S. Federal Government. The park is leased to the City of Jacksonville and managed by the city’s Department of Recreation and Community Services (JaxParks).
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House