Free swimming lessons offered to Duval County children | Families
Jacksonville, Fla. – Free swim lessons offered for children are available again this year for families who qualify based on financial need.
This two-week series of lessons is being offered by JaxParks, and is donated through the joint efforts of THE PLAYERS Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Kohl’s Cares, the Florida Swimming Pool Association Northeast Florida Chapter, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and Safe Kids Northeast Florida.
The lessons are being offered in three sessions at select locations:
- Session 1 June 25-July 6
- Session 2 July 9-19
- Session 3 July 23-August 2
Families qualify based on the following criteria:
- Free and Reduced lunch formal letter of form for school for current year
- A current copy of their Children First Scholarship letter.
- Verification household family income does not exceed 185 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
For more information, please call 745.9630 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am-5 pm or visit jaxparks.com. Two hundred free swim lessons are available on a first come, first served basis. There is a limit of two free sessions per family.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’