JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Fire Rescue knocked down a fire at a Mandarin billiards hall apparently started while the owner was making repairs to the building's roof Friday morning, authorities said.
Firefighters were called to the business, located at 3853 Old St. Augustine Road, about 9:30 a.m., according to JFRD. When they arrived, they found the roof in flames.
Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control and put it out, Battalion Chief Neal White told Ken Amaro, adding that much of the damage was to the roof.
"The business owner, I believe, was doing some repair work on the roof with a torch and started the roof on fire," White said.
It's believed the owner was making repairs to damage caused by last week's storms.