Motorcyclist dies following single vehicle crash | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A motorcyclist died after losing control and sliding through a busy intersection.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, along with Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, responded to a single vehicle crash in the intersection of San Jose Boulevard and Kori Road shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday.
The victim, identified as 44-year-old Vance D. Peterson, sustained life threatening injuries after allegedly losing control, according to a release from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Peterson was taken to UF Health Jacksonville and later died.
An investigation is underway, but police believe alcohol may be a factor in the crash.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’