Teenagers rob delivery driver | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- David Naumann says he's still very shaken by what he says happened Sunday night. He can't sleep. The thoughts keep running through his mind. He says he wants the suspects caught.
"I thought that was it. My life was over," Naumann said. "I was just thinking about my family."
He said it was a terrifying 10 seconds for him on Sunday night. He is a delivery driver for the Hop Shing restaurant on Old St. Augustine Road in Mandarin. He said he parked close to the store and went to get his next delivery when he said two teenage males jumped him, pointed a gun to the back of his head and said:
"'Give up your s**t,'" Naumann said. "And I reached into my left pocket where my money was and then he reached in one of then and grabbed the money. It was very scary. It's something I've never been through before."
According to a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office incident report, the suspects took $160.
Naumann was not hurt. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says the investigation is ongoing. Police have reviewed surveillance video from the nearby Winn-Dixie and from a nearby liquor store, but have not yet arrested any suspects.
"I want them caught, before they hurt anybody else," Naumann said. "Because that's the path these kids are on."
If you have any information on this incident, call First Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House