Student in Custody, Pellet Gun at High School | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A rumor that a Mandarin High School student had a gun on campus has resulted in a student being taken into police custody.
First Coast News has confirmed with Duval County Schools spokesperson Jill Johnson that School Board police today received a tip there was a student with a gun at Mandarin High School.
When officers responded to the classroom the student was in he attempted to escape. Police used pepper spray to take the student into custody.
The student was found to have a pellet gun in their possession.
According to Johnson, the student has not yet been arrested, merely taken into custody. The identity of the student has not been released, only that it is a 16-year-old male.
Stay with First Coast News at 5 p.m. and www.firstcoastnews.com for the latest information.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House