Student in Custody, Pellet Gun at High School | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A rumor that a Mandarin High School student had a gun on campus has resulted in a student being taken into police custody.
First Coast News has confirmed with Duval County Schools spokesperson Jill Johnson that School Board police today received a tip there was a student with a gun at Mandarin High School.
When officers responded to the classroom the student was in he attempted to escape. Police used pepper spray to take the student into custody.
The student was found to have a pellet gun in their possession.
According to Johnson, the student has not yet been arrested, merely taken into custody. The identity of the student has not been released, only that it is a 16-year-old male.
Stay with First Coast News at 5 p.m. and www.firstcoastnews.com for the latest information.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety