Jacksonville Mom Accused of Killing Her Daughter | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville mother, Silvana Catignani, has been arrested and charged in connection with the death of daughter following a five month investigation.
Nicole Catignani, 24, was shot twice according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and was found dead in the Mandarin home she shared with her mother in December 2011.
Lt. Rob Schoonver says the mother and daughter were involved in drug activity and that an argument between the two preceded the fatal shooting.
Back in December, Catignani told police she left the home for an hour and returned to find her daughter dead.
Investigators say the mother gave inconsistent statements on where she was during that hour. A police report states that cell phone records helped built a case against a mother.
According to investigators, Catignani admitted to shooting her daughter, but said it was an accident.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House