Jacksonville Mom Accused of Killing Her Daughter | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville mother, Silvana Catignani, has been arrested and charged in connection with the death of daughter following a five month investigation.
Nicole Catignani, 24, was shot twice according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and was found dead in the Mandarin home she shared with her mother in December 2011.
Lt. Rob Schoonver says the mother and daughter were involved in drug activity and that an argument between the two preceded the fatal shooting.
Back in December, Catignani told police she left the home for an hour and returned to find her daughter dead.
Investigators say the mother gave inconsistent statements on where she was during that hour. A police report states that cell phone records helped built a case against a mother.
According to investigators, Catignani admitted to shooting her daughter, but said it was an accident.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’