San Jose Blvd. back open after downed wire | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A section of San Jose Boulevard shut down due to a wire down is now back open.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and JEA worked to remove a downed wire that shut down the northbound lanes of San Jose Boulevard.
The wire fell sometime before 7:30 a.m. On San Jose Blvd. at Kori Road. Northbound traffic is being rerouted through the parking lot of Beauclerc Village.
At this point, 1,600 JEA customers are without power in the area.
It's not yet clear what caused the wire to fall or how long it will take to restore power and open the northbound lanes of San Jose Blvd.
Stay with First Coast News as we continue to gather more information.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’