JSO seeks attempted armed robber | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has turned to the public for assistance in finding an armed robbery suspect that attempted to rob the Publix at 10500 San Jose Blvd. last Sunday.
Police responded to the attempted robbery at 7:44 p.m. but the suspect had already fled the scene.
An employee told police the suspect approached him and implied that he had a gun and demanded money, according Public Information Officer Shannon Hartley. He left the Publix in a dark four door SUV before getting any money from the business.
The man is described as a white male, between 5' 6" and 5' 9", weighing 160 and 180 pounds, with light colored eyes, brown and grey hair, and between the ages of 50 and 60 years old. He was wearing a white and blue baseball cap, a blue jacket with a hood, blue jeans, and black shoes, Hartley said.
Anyone with any information about the identity of the suspect or the vehicle is asked to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500 or email them at JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS or email them at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House