Police: Suspect stole woman's purse from car, tried to use her checks | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is searching for a suspect who broke into a woman's car, stole several items, and tried to write checks using her information.
Police were called to the Community Corrections Center at 451 Catherine Street on Nov. 5 just after 9 p.m. in reference to an auto burglary, according to a release from JSO Public Information Officer Shannon Hartley.
On Nov. 12, the suspect was spotted on surveillance cameras at three different Publix stores trying to use checks with the victim's information, Hartley said.
The Publix locations he was spotted at were 10500 San Jose Boulevard, 11406 San Jose Boulevard and 10920 Baymeadows Road, Hartley said.
Anyone with any information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact JSO at 904-630-0500 or email JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House