Jacksonville woman dies while vacationing in Cancun | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Funeral arrangements have been made for a young Jacksonville woman who died while vacationing in Cancun last week.
Lauren DuFresne was celebrating her 25th birthday in Mexico. According to her father, Don DuFresne, she died in a tragic accident when a beam fell on her. It happened at the five-star resort where she was staying.
DuFresne was a 2006 graduate of Bishop Kenny High School where she played volleyball. She graduated four years later from the University of Florida. Her father said she was a rising star in financial industry and worked as a financial analyst for Fidelity Information Services.
Visitation will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 5th at Hardage-Giddens Funeral Home of Mandarin. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 6th in St. Joseph's Main Church, 11730 Old St. Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, followed by interment in the church cemetery.
DuFresne's father said he lost Lauren's sister twelve years ago in another tragic accident.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety