Blue Bell ice cream truck overturns on I-295 | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Blue Bell ice cream truck overturned early Monday morning shutting down Interstate 295 southbound near San Jose Boulevard.
The truck was driving southbound on I-295 in the center lane as traffic was slowing due to a traffic crash that had already occurred in that area. The single-vehicle accident involved an overturned SUV in the left lane, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
A third vehicle crossed over two lanes from the left lane into the right lane in front of the Blue Bell ice cream truck, according to FHP. At this point, troopers don't have any information on this third vehicle, but said the ice cream truck turned right to avoid that vehicle, entered the right emergency lane, and then overcorrected to enter the right lane. That caused it to turn over onto its left side.
When the truck finally stopped it was blocking the left and center lanes.
The accident happened in the southbound lanes of I-295 near San Jose Boulevard a little before 4:30 a.m.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the truck driver is believed to be in good condition.
The crash blocked all southbound lanes of I-295 for about an hour.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House