Woman killed in Greenland Road crash | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A woman died in a crash in the 5000 block of Greenland Road Monday morning.
Police at the scene tell First Coast News a minivan driving very fast crossed the road and hit two trees.
A man and a woman were inside at the time of the crash, police said. The woman died at the scene. The man suffered non-life threatening injuries. Police said neither were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
Police are diverting Eastbound traffic onto Northbound St. Augustine Road.
Westbound traffic is being turned around, police said.
Traffic homicide detectives with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office are investigating the crash.
Police reopened the road around 11:45 Monday morning.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House