Woman killed in Greenland Road crash identified | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- We now know the name of the woman killed in a single-vehicle crash on Greenland Road around 7:45 Monday morning.
Shai Kuruvilla, 33, died when the vehicle she was traveling in hit a brick mailbox and two trees, according to Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Melissa Bujeda.
Bujeda said so far the investigators believe Kuruvilla was driving the vehicle and sustained head injuries in the crash that happened in the 5000 block of Greenland Road.
Both Kuruvilla and another person in the vehicle were taken to a local hospital. Kuruvilla was pronounced deceased by hospital staff, Bujeda said. There is no word on the extent of the other person's injuries.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House