Sen. Marco Rubio holds town hall in Jacksonville | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - United States Senator Marco Rubio is in Jacksonville to attend a town hall style meeting at the Firehouse Subs Headquarters in Mandarin.
Rubio and Firehouse employees discussed obstacles facing the middle class and what Washington policymakers can do to promote job creation.
The meeting comes a day after USA TODAY, which is owned by the parent company of First Coast News, published an op-ed piece by Rubio on the debt ceiling.
Rubio wrote, "Before we consider raising the debt limit, the American people deserve a real debate about how to ensure we don't have to keep raising it. The mountain of debt we are accumulating is mortgaging our children's future."
Rubio is expected to comment further on the debt ceiling during the town hall event which started at 9:40 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House