Celebrate Inauguration Day with Washington D.C. delicacy | News
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- With all of the hoopla going on in Washington D.C. as President Obama is sworn in for a second term, a Mandarin restaurant is hoping to cash in by serving up the "fat dog."
The fat dog has long been a District of Columbia tradition and Steamin', an East Coast casual themed eatery, wants to share it with the First Coast.
In Washington the dish is better known as the "half-smoke" which is a half-pork and half-beef sausage, served with mix of herbs, onion and chili sauce.
Jay Davis and Vasha Carter grew up in the District of Columbia area and opened Steamin' about three weeks ago in Mandarin.
Steamin' also is celebrating Inauguration Day with fat dogs all day.
The restaurant is located at the corner of Old St. Augustine Road and San Jose Boulevard.
Upcoming Events near Mandarin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House